American Addiction Institute of mind & medicine
Creating a Better Tomorrow
Our COVID-19 (Coronavirus 2019) Action Plan
The health and safety of our clients is always our top priority. As you are planning on making your visits to our clinic, we anticipate that you may have questions about the company’s efforts to manage Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Every day, we closely monitor and analyze developments and statements from local, national and international health agencies, and we are taking actions to comply with their directives which are based on facts and medical science.
There is no issue more important to us than making sure we manage this situation as effectively as possible so you continue to feel confident visiting us. The health authorities tell us that, to prevent the spread of Coronavirus, we must: wash hands frequently, heighten cleaning practices, avoid contact with sick people, stay away from work when ill and not travel to areas with high infection rates. All our actions are focused in these areas.
Here’s where we are at this time:
• We are reminding employees through multiple channels about washing hands often. We are talking to them about it, posting signage in key employee areas, and providing additional hand sanitizer dispensers as well.
• For clients, we are posting hand-washing signage in public areas (e.g., bathrooms) and providing more hand sanitizer dispensers across our properties in high visibility areas. We are also increasing our reserves of hand sanitizers for use by our clients and employees over an extended period.
• We are buying more cleaning and disinfectant supplies. We are increasing the frequency of cleaning frequently touched areas.
• We are reinforcing training procedures to ensure cleaning processes are implemented properly by our employees.
• We conduct wellness checks to confirm the health of each employee before entering the clinic. If an employee appears to be suffering from flu-like symptoms, they will be asked to promptly seek medical attention and to remain at home until they are free of symptoms.
How to Avoid Getting the Coronavirus
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands with soap and water regularly.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are also effective.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick (and keep sick children home from school).
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or your elbow. If you use a tissue, wash your hands afterwards.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
If you have any additional concerns or questions for us, please feel encouraged to call us at any time.